Friday, October 9, 2009

Panasonic TC P50V10 Outstanding TV

Before making my purchase I had narrowed down my choices to the Sony 52XBR9 LCD, the Samsung LN52B750 LCD, the Samsung PN50B860 plasma, and the Panasonic TC-P50V10 plasma. All had a superior picture, but I chose the Panasonic because:

1. The Sony & the Samsung LCDs' both had viewing angle issues. The pictures were superb from head-on, but definitely deteriorated as you moved to the side. The Sony was worse than the Samsung in this respect.
2. The LCDs' both had some motion artifact to my eye even with 240 Hz. The 240 Hz feature is after all an attempt to catch up to the plasmas, which have no motion problem at all.
3. Several online owner reviews on the Samsung plasma mentioned problems with buzzing and problems with Samsung's customer service. Also, several reviewers complained of the Samsung sound quality. There were no similar complaints with Panasonic. This steered me away from the Samsung plasma.
4. [..] and [...] both rated the Panasonic #1.

Now that I have the TV in my home, I can say that I am completely blown away by the picture quality. It is stunning. The sound is more than adequate. The TV itself looks great. You can see some reflection from the glass screen from certain angles, but only if you're looking for it. Panasonic's anti-glare screen seems to work fine. There is no motion artifact even with fast-moving sports like baseball and tennis. If you watch from an angle, there is no deterioration in the picture. I might mention that I put the TV on a BDI #9634 table, and the two look great together. I did a lot of shopping for tables too, and I thought the BDI tables were the best-looking and the best quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment